Take A Stand
Below are some suggested ways you can take a stand on domestic abuse. Talking about domestic abuse ends the secrecy and silence domestic abuse thrives upon. To end domestic abuse, we need coordinated community responses and assistance. Folks can:
Contribute your time, treasure or talent! (Links to volunteer, in-kind donations or donate pages here?)
- Join RESPOND’s Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and YouTube pages
- Book Us! Invite RESPOND in for a presentation to your workplace, community center, school, etc. We’d be happy to provide an informative and educational presentation on the dynamics of domestic abuse, risk and protective factors, how to help someone experiencing abuse or anything else that you’d like! (Have a link to the Book Us page here)
- Host your own book club, lunch or workplace discussion about how domestic abuse impacts ALL members of society – not just the survivors. Abuse is a societal problem which we ALL need to work towards ending.
- Abuse happens across all social/economic/gender/sexual orientative barriers - no matter how well educated/how rich/how successful
- Let survivors know that help is out there; tell them “You're not alone and it's not your fault”
- Help spread the word about RESPOND's services.
- If you witness an abusive episode, call the emergency services.
- Refuse to engage in jokes referring to domestic abuse; educate those telling them in the realities of domestic abuse.
- Refuse to patronize artists, establishments, etc. that promote abuse or violent language or actions.
RESPOND's website is funded in part by grants
from BCBSMA Foundation Catalyst Fund and Give Camp New England.
Copyright 2013, Respond! All rights reserved.