RESPOND, Inc, located in Somerville, MA, seeks a motivated and passionate Domestic Violence Residential Counselor to provide direct service and support to survivors of domestic violence in the RESPOND, Inc. shelter.
Position availability is
- Thursday – Monday 3pm – 11pm
- Tuesday – Saturday 7am – 3pm
Pay range between $16.80 – $22.00 per hour depending upon language capacity, experience and education.
Reporting to the Residential Services Coordinator the Domestic Violence Residential Counselor:
- Supports survivors of Domestic Violence in seeking safety and empowerment
- Conducts intakes for the RESPOND shelter
- Answers RESPOND’s 24-hour hotline to provide emotional support, referrals and resources.
- Promotes the development of a positive and supportive community at the shelter by supporting individuals, interacting with children, being present in the common spaces and creating opportunities for group activities in the house.
- Participates in keeping a clean shelter and supporting clients in completing their chores
- Effectively communicates to supervisors and the team to ensure a cohesive 24hr team
- Actively participates in weekly supervision and staff meetings
- Facilitates survivors getting to appointments off-site and accompanies survivors as needed
- The successful candidate will be motivated, passionate, energetic, and hard-working. Flexibility is a must.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Strong English language communication required.
- Secondary languages of Spanish, Haitian Creole and Portuguese highly desired
- Basic computer knowledge a necessity.
- Must have or be willing to obtain the 25 hour Domestic Violence Counselor Training (we will train if you don’t have it).
- Valid Drivers’ License a plus
All interested candidates should send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.