Third Party Events to Benefit RESPOND
Many thanks for supporting RESPOND’s work to end domestic violence. Every dollar raised makes a difference in our effort to end domestic violence!
RESPOND began as a grassroots organization run by four Somerville women who relied upon the proceeds from local bake sales and yard sales to maintain their efforts. 40 years later, we are still grateful for every community event from gift card drives to trunk shows to house parties.
If you are interested in designating RESPOND, Inc. as the beneficiary of your next event, please email the following information to email@example.com
- Title, date, time and location of the event.
- Tell us a little bit about the history of this event and its hosts.
- Who is invited to the event?
- What type of event marketing do you have planned?
- How can RESPOND help market the event?
- Do you intend to raise ‘funds’ or ‘goods’ for our organization?
- Will RESPOND be the sole beneficiary?
- If you plan to donate goods, please describe the items and total quantity/size of donation? If you will make a monetary donation, what is your fundraising goal? How will RESPOND receive the donation? (i.e., check by mail, online donation, drop off at our office, etc.)
- What is the typical turnout for this event?
- Would you like a staff present at the event?
Please also submit PDFs of event materials (flyer, invitation, etc). We’ll consider message, promotion, and function to ensure that what you have planned is consistent with our values and strategies. Until you receive RESPOND’s approval, you cannot use our name or logo in your promotions. We will work to connect with you promptly.
Some important information regarding third party events for RESPOND:
- RESPOND does not get involved in the planning or execution of your event. However, we do want to know what’s happening in advance so that we can coordinate regarding outreach and our participation.
- We cannot make any financial investment, pay for, or reimburse any expenses incurred as a result of an event on behalf of RESPOND. This means you must pay all expenses prior to remitting the net proceeds to our organization.
- If your event involves a raffle or other type of gambling activity, or if you plan to sell or serve alcohol at your event, you may be required to obtain a license from the appropriate state or local government agency.
We look forward to learning about your efforts to help RESPOND end domestic violence. Please contact our Development staff at (617) 625-5996 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or requests.