We’re so grateful that you’re thinking of hosting an event to benefit RESPOND!
Due to the continued concerns around COVID-19, we recommend that all fundraising events be held virtually to mitigate the spread of the virus.
Did you know there are ways you can support RESPOND and spread awareness about our work to end domestic violence from the comfort and safety of your home?
One popular way is by hosting a Facebook Fundraiser! Whether you’re celebrating a birthday, or just want to spread good cheer this holiday season, setting up a Facebook Fundraiser easy!
Just visit facebook.com/fund/RESPONDInc to get started.
Click here for a helpful flyer with information about setting up a Facebook Fundraiser.
If you are interested in hosting a fundraising event for RESPOND, please e-mail the following information to development[@]respondinc.org:
- Title, date, time and location of the fundraising event.
- Tell us a little bit about the history of this event and its hosts.
- Who is invited to the event?
- What type of marketing do you have planned?
- How can RESPOND help market the event? We are happy to promote via social media and email, but we are unable to guarantee attendance.
- Do you intend to raise ‘funds’ or ‘goods’ for our organization?
- Will RESPOND be the sole beneficiary?
- If you plan to donate goods, please describe the items and total quantity/size of donation? If you will make a monetary donation, what is your fundraising goal? How will RESPOND receive the donation? (i.e., check by mail, online donation, drop off at our office, etc.)
- What is the typical or expected turnout for this event?
- Would you like a staff present at the event?
Please also submit PDFs of fundraising event materials (flyer, invitation, etc.). We’ll consider message, promotion, and function to ensure that what you have planned is consistent with our values and strategies. Until you receive RESPOND’s approval, you cannot use our name or logo in your promotions. We will work to connect with you promptly.
Some important information regarding fundraising events for RESPOND:
- RESPOND does not get involved in the planning or execution of your event. However, we do want to know what’s happening in advance so that we can coordinate regarding outreach and our participation.
- We cannot make any financial investment, pay for, or reimburse any expenses incurred as a result of an event on behalf of RESPOND. This means you must pay all expenses prior to remitting the net proceeds to our organization.
- If your event involves a raffle or other type of gambling activity, or if you plan to sell or serve alcohol at your event, you may be required to obtain a license from the appropriate state or local government agency.
We look forward to learning about your efforts to help RESPOND end domestic violence. Please contact our Development staff at (617) 625-5996 or e-mail development [@] respondinc.org with any questions or requests.
Did you know?
RESPOND began as a grassroots organization run by four Somerville women who relied upon the proceeds from local bake sales and yard sales to maintain their efforts. Over 45 years later, we are still grateful for every fundraising event from gift card drives to trunk shows to house parties.
Many thanks for supporting RESPOND’s work to end domestic violence. Every dollar raised makes a difference in our effort to end domestic violence!